Employment Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Generally First Shift
Starting Salary Range: $44,172 - $50,797 per year
Salary/Benefit Notes: Generous Paid Time Off!
Required Education: Open
Required Experience: 3 to 20+ years
Required Security Clearance: None
We have an opening for a Benefits Administrator in our Human Resources/Payroll Department! Responsibilities of this position include exercising discretion and independent judgment in coordinating and administering employee benefits; provide consultation and back-up to other Human Resources / Payroll staff, and provide confidential assistance to agency staff concerning benefits and other human resources issues.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency's belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn't want you to put effort into your application materials if you don't meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The HRSII reports directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Minimum 5 years human resources experience or Associate Degree in related area with 3 years experience in human resources
- Experience administering employee benefits contracts, plans and policies
- Experience in working with large databases
- Ability to keep personnel/payroll information confidential
- Ability to interact with both internal and external customers in a diplomatic way with sensitivity to cultural differences
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours as work dictates
- Labor Relations experience
- FMLA / Disability experience
- Affordable Care Act experience
- American Disability Act experience
- Retirement plan administration
- 5500 filing
- HIPAA experience
- COBRA experience
- Fluency in Spanish or one of the Southeast Asian dialects in addition to English
- Possession of a valid driver's license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to an automobile.
- Experience with Macintosh computers
A. Benefits Administration
B. New Staff Benefits Orientation
C. Labor Relations
D. Affordable Care Act Administration
E. Workers' Compensation Administration
F. ADA Administration
H. Staff Database
I. Procedures Keep up-to-date written procedures for all areas of responsibility
1. Participate in special projects and/or requests
2. Provide training as necessary
3. Participate in development of policies and procedures related to job responsibilities, including the Staff handbook and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD's)
4. Participate in appropriate committee meetings
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list, but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.