Employment Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Generally First Shift
Starting Salary Range: Min. $100.97 per hour
Salary/Benefit Notes: Generous Paid Time Off!
Required Education: Doctorate
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
We have an opening for a Staff Psychiatrist III with our Prescribers group! Under the direction of the medical director, the Staff Psychiatrist (PHY III) works as an integrated member of their respective treatment teams to provide medical assessment and monitoring of consumer needs, and clinical consultation to other team members.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency's belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn't want you to put effort into your application materials if you don't meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
This position is included in the Professional Bargaining Unit.
- Holds a current license to practice medicine in Wisconsin
- Excellent basic skills in psychiatric practice, including psychopharmacology, psychotherapy and assessment of medical concerns that are part of mental health treatment
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively with other members of the clinical team
- Is eligible to sit for board exams in psychiatry according to the criteria of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Commitment to work towards improving cultural sensitivity
- Commitment to work towards consumer involvement and empowerment
- Commitment to work with consumers with both mental health and AODA issues
- Possession of a valid driver's license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to a vehicle
- Experience in working in community based multidisciplinary programs
- Competence in working with culturally diverse consumers
- Competence in developing a comprehensive psychosocial approach to consumer support and treatment
- Competence in both AODA and mental health treatment
- Competence in Spanish
I. Direct Clinical Care, Treatment Planning and Clinical Consultation
- Evaluate and treat patients as directed by the Medical Director and as required by the clinical situation.
- Work with the other members of the clinical team to develop and implement an effective treatment plan.
- Work with the program manager or coordinator to improve the quality of care provided by the program
- Assist in improving the care provided by JMHC
- Help to provide medical/psychiatric backup for the other physicians employed by JMHC
- Provide medical/psychiatric backup for the emergency call system of JMHC
- Supervise medical students and psychiatry residents
- Participate in the training of students and staff