Alta Genetics Inc. is seeking a career minded individual to fulfill the role of a Herdsman.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Alta Genetics livestock production and housing team located in the Watertown, WI.
This candidate will be responsible for feeding, bedding, all aspects of general bull care, and handling bulls for production.
Requirements for the position are as follows:
· Good physical condition, a strong work ethic
· A degree in Animal or Dairy Science is preferred
· Previous livestock handling experience is strongly preferred
· Experience detecting health and disease problems in cattle is needed
· Possess the ability to perform basic equipment repairs
· Comfortable working with Microsoft Office for communication and documentation
· Excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal and organizational skill
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Able to work outside year round and perform physical tasks
· Demonstrated attention to safe working practices and attention to detail
· Able to work rotational weekends and holidays
· Please submit your resume into our Human Resources Department.
Attention: Erica Habenei – email@example.com