SRSTC is a nationally recognized facility for the treatment of sexual offenders committed under Wisconsin’s Statute 980. As a PCT, you will be utilizing role-modeling techniques, security protocols, and participating in implementing treatment plans for patient care. PCTs at SRSTC are respected and valued for their knowledge, skill and contribution to the mission of SRSTC.
State of Wisconsin benefits include at least 3.5 weeks of vacation, 9 paid holidays, ample sick time, a top rated health plan, multiple insurance options and an exceptional retirement plan. In addition, employees will receive paid training.
The Psychiatric Care Technician-Advanced (PCT) is responsible for participating in the development and implementation of treatment plans and therapeutic activities for patients to provide a basis on which care is conducted. The PCT acts as a role model and engages in patient interactions and activities to assure promotion and reinforcement of socially acceptable behavior. The PCT performs security-related tasks, functions, and responsibilities necessary to assure a clean, safe, and secure environment in accordance with federal, state, DHS, SRSTC, and unit policies and procedures. The PCT attends classes, training, meetings, workshops, etc., to develop competencies and improve work and abilities and increase knowledge.
- PM Shift (2nd shift) is 3pm to 11:30pm
- NOC Shift (3rd shift) is 11:15pm to 7:15am
- Rotating schedule, with rotations of up to 7 days in a row
- 3-4 consecutive days off over a weekend at least once per month.
- As needed based on operational needs, overtime shifts up to 16 hours total in one shift may be required.
The selection process will begin approximately January 2, 2019.
The recruitment steps below are the anticipated timeline:
- Invitations sent to schedule physical ability assessments and interviews (January 3-4)
- Physical Ability Assessments & Interviews (January 22-25)
- Academy Start Date (March 18, 2019)
- The training academy is held at SRSTC, It is 5 weeks long Monday - Friday, followed by 2 weeks of on the job training.
Must be 18 years of age or older upon appointment.
Due to the nature of the position, all applicants who may be appointed to this position will be required to allow DHS to conduct a background investigation to determine whether the circumstances of any conviction may be related to the job being filled. Applicants with a conviction record will be asked to discuss this record.
Due to the nature of these positions, individuals will be required to undergo a physical ability assessment. You will be required to have your personal Health Care Provider certify that you are able to perform the physical ability assessment. Continuation in the recruitment process is contingent on passing this assessment. You will be allowed three attempts to pass the physical ability assessment. After being appointed, an academic training program will be administered. Applicants must demonstrate academic proficiency by the end of the training period. PCT's will also be exposed to CS gas and OC (pepper spray) during the training program.
The employment register established as a result of this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur over the next six months or longer.
Minimally qualified candidates will have:
- The ability to work more than 40 hours per week (overtime) as needed.
- The ability to meet the physical ability standards of this position.
- Ability to promote responsible independent behavior.
- Experience performing as a contributing team member.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to make sound decisions in an emergency situation.
- Ability to maintain a harassment-free workplace.
- Experience working with a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic population.
Well-qualified candidates will also have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate clear and concise observation skills.
Click on the Preview Assessment link near the top of this announcement to view the qualifications that will be evaluated in the initial part of the selection process.
After you have previewed the assessment and would like to apply for this position, click “Log In” to access your existing account or to create a new account if you do not already have an account in the system. After you have logged in, click “Apply Now.” You will be asked to provide your personal information. Attach your current resume (in a Word or PDF compatible format). To be considered for this position applicants must complete the online process. Failure to submit all required materials will result in an incomplete application and ineligibility for this position. Application materials will not be accepted if received in an incompatible format, an email, as a hard copy or a fax.
Applicants deemed eligible will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the HR Specialist on this announcement.
Permanent classified state employees who are eligible for consideration (transfer, voluntary demotion, or former employees as a reinstatement) must complete the online application process to apply.
Please note: Important communication regarding this recruitment will be sent via email.
DHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce. Veterans are encouraged to apply. For complete information on veterans’ hiring programs that may benefit you, please visit the Employment Assistance page on the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs’ website