Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center opened in 2001 and houses Wisconsin's Sexually Violent Persons Program. The goal of the center is treating and teaching patients with a history of sexual aggression toward the goal of providing a safe return to the community.
Work hours are 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
This position performs a variety of maintenance and repairs on institution buildings and related equipment. Included are wood, metal, and masonry repairs; painting; carpentry; and roof repairs.
Due to the nature of these positions, all applicants will be required to allow DHS to conduct a background check to determine whether the circumstances of any convictions may be related to the job being filled.
All appointees will be required to receive a TB test, which will be administered by SRSTC or medical personnel approved by the facility prior to their start date.
These positions have physical requirements which may include but are not limited to lifting up to 50 lbs., twisting, bending pushing and pulling. Applicants may be required to pass a physical evaluation to assess these requirements.
These positions require the ability to work in an environment that may be confined, hot and noisy. Must also be able to work outside in varying weather conditions.
Minimally qualified applicants will have:
- Experience with general repair and maintenance of buildings and/or grounds (i.e., snow removal, operating power tools, moving furniture, repairing locks and doors, etc.)
- Must possess or maintain a valid driver's license and meet the requirements of the State of Wisconsin Fleet Vehicle policy to drive a state vehicle.**
**State of Wisconsin Fleet Vehicle Policy:
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Minimum of two year's driving experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Additionally, the driving record must not reflect the following conditions:
- 3 or more moving violations (with point reductions) and/or at fault accidents in the past 2 years
- An OWI or DUI violation within the past 12 months
- A suspension or revocation of the driver's license
Well-qualified applicants will have training and/or experience in the following:
- Designing, planning, building and installing cabinetry and shelving
- Remodeling rooms, offices, and/or work areas (i.e., drywall repair, painting, installing flooring, installing trim, hanging bulletin boards, etc.)
- Preparing rough woodwork for building maintenance and repair
- Building forms, pouring and finishing concrete floors and footings
Click on the Preview Assessment link near the top of this announcement to view the qualifications that will be evaluated in the initial part of the selection process.
After you have previewed the assessment and would like to apply for this position, click “Log In” to access your existing account or to create a new account if you do not already have an account in the system. After you have logged in, click “Apply Now.” You will be asked to provide your personal information. Attach your current resume (in a Word or PDF compatible format). To be considered for this position applicants must complete the online process. Failure to submit all required materials will result in an incomplete application and ineligibility for this position. Application materials will not be accepted if received in an incompatible format, an email, as a hard copy or a fax.
Applicants deemed eligible will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the HR Specialist on this announcement.
Permanent classified state employees who are eligible for consideration (transfer, voluntary demotion, or former employees as a reinstatement) must complete the online application process to apply.
Please note: Important communication regarding this recruitment will be sent via email.
DHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce. Veterans are encouraged to apply. For complete information on veterans’ hiring programs that may benefit you, please visit the page on the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs’ website