Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join the team on the Pediatric General Care unit.
- Nurses on this 24-bed high acuity unit care for children from infancy through adolescence.
- Nurses care for patients who have a wide variety of complex medical and surgical problems.
- You will get experience with organ transplantation, congenital anomalies, cardiovascular defects, trauma, urology surgical repairs, orthopedic traumas/surgeries, and general medical patients.
Minimum - Graduate of a baccalaureate, associate or diploma nursing school.
Preferred - Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
Minimum - One (1) year relevant nursing experience.
Preferred - Recent acute inpatient experiences, pediatric experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin, CPR certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge regarding quality improvement and standards of care within practice area.
- Experience in teaching patients and families.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate and supervise the work of other nursing team members.
- Demonstrates ability to use pediatric critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to provide developmentally appropriate patient and family centered care
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a part-time, 90% FTE position scheduled to work 8/12 hour shifts, Evening/Night. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin—also a Magnet®-designated facility—provides specialized care in a healing environment designed especially for pediatric patients and their families. American Family Children’s Hospital is a comprehensive pediatric medical and surgical center ranked among the top 50 children’s hospitals in six medical and surgical specialties, with nationally recognized pediatric specialists in a wide range of fields. It is also home to our Level One Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU, which cares for the tiniest patients throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
Learn more about this opening
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.