The Office of Sponsored Programs at Montana Tech, is seeking to fill an Accounting Associate IV position.
- Responsible for all direct pay invoices on a wide range of funds, review the invoices to determine the appropriateness of the transaction based on the fund-type, check availability of the budget, confirm approvals, and adhere to state, university, and funding agency policies and procedures.
- Responsible for travel expense voucher processing, verifying rates are within state and university policy.
- Responsible for procard (university credit card) transaction review and reconciliation each month for 60 procard holders average 240 transactions per month, along with reconciling the transactions to the monthly statement.
- Responsible for preparing deposits for Sponsored Program funding, non-restricted grant funding, and the Museum Gift Shop.
- Responsible for monitoring cash balances on non-restricted grant accounts, accounts receivable billing to funding agency, monitoring payments, and reconciling the payments.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the MT Tech cost share database for all Sponsored Program funding that requires a cost match, working with the Assistant Director to do monthly data entry and report preparation while maintaining the integrity of the data.
- Responsible for serving as the back up to the Assistant Director of Sponsored Programs and the Budget Analysist for the Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology (MBMG).
- Perform other office duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Accounting knowledge or experience
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to multiple deadlines
- Effective communications skills
- Must be reliable and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
- Accounts Payable experience
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of Banner Finance
- Knowledge of The State of Montana and University System policies and procedures
For full consideration application materials must be complete. Please include a cover letter addressing qualifications, a resume and contact information for 3 professional references.
For more information and to apply visit https://montanatechuniversity.applytojob.com/apply