WWAARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled, veterans, females, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity
Direct Support Professional (DSP)-Warren & Washington Counties
No two days are the same! Work where you can have fun and make a difference. We value the dreams, aspirations and goals of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their right to a full, productive and responsible role in society. The right candidate will believe in our vision to secure a future where all people with Intellectual or other Developmental Disabilities are respected for their individuality and their diversity is celebrated. DSP s help to connect people with opportunities every day. If you are looking for more than a job and want a career, then apply today!
Description: Our Residential programs located in Warren/Washington Counties, NY currently have positions available. Responsibilities/duties will include but not limited to teaching independence through skills training and building, including daily living activities, preparing meals and assisting with personal hygiene. Develop, cultivate and maintain a rapport with people while providing a safe and supportive environment for individual growth. Organize, plan, and attend recreational outings to ensure, maintain and grow community inclusion of the people you support.
- No Prior Experience Necessary. Professionals who have previously worked as CNA s (Certified Nurse Assistants) and PCA s (Personal Care Assistants) are welcome to apply.
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver s license under WWAARC s insurability guidelines, select non driving positions available
- Must be able to complete required day time paid training.
- Compassion about the care and well-being of others while fostering independence is mandatory
Salary: Pay starts at $10.60/hr (Day Habilitation and all Per Diem) $11.00/hr (FT and PT Residential Programs)
- Full time, Part time and Per diem
- Multiple Positions are located throughout Warren, Washington Counties
- Flexible schedules available Days, Evenings, Overnights, Weekends
- Positive work environment, with advancement potential, for dedicated professionals
- Generous planned time off, and sick time, group health & dental insurance, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plans, HSA & FSA
Please download/print and complete an application and submit to the address below or fax to the Human Resources department:
Warren Washington & Albany Counties ARC
436 Quaker Road
Queensbury, New York 12804
Phone: (518) 793-4204
Fax (518) 743-9258