Produce various high quality medical devices through the use of various forms of machinery, and prepare them for transportation and distribution. Ensure is plant material processed in a compliant, consistent, and high quality manner.
Manufacturing Assistant tasks include, but are not limited to the following list. You may be asked to perform any or all of these tasks on a given day while maintaining compliance with the New York State Regulations, Etain LLC Standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensure that the laboratory is maintained in a sanitary and operational condition by sanitizing surfaces, removing waste, and maintaining equipment.
- Maintain detailed daily logs of activities, yields, quality control assessments, standard maintenance, both on paper and through the company tracking software.
- Attend weekly laboratory meetings.
- Operate all equipment for manufacturing and packaging in a safe and compliant manner, as prescribed by management.
- Produce all manner of Etain LLC products, and apply the correct labels and child resistant packaging to each device.
- Maintain an efficiency level to meet the needs of all product orders.
- Load and unload trucks and delivery vehicles. Check inventory quantity on both inbound and outbound shipments against shipping manifests.
- Perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance checks on all lots and sublots produced within the manufacturing center and on inventory purchased from other suppliers.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe and compliant manner, utilizing proper personal protective equipment and methodology.
- Use all sanitary gear and maintain the elevated level of personal hygiene necessary for the sterile manufacturing of medical products.
- Ability to accurately perform repetitive actions
- Attention to detail required for complex recordkeeping
- Ability to use a computer and to learn new programs
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- High Level of manual dexterity
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This is a manual labor position which involves repetitive tasks, rigorous reporting, and attention to detail. This position operates within a manufacturing environment and requires daily use of personal protective equipment such as respirators, hair nets, beard coverings, gloves, shoe covers, sanitary scrubs, and goggles.
Travel is not required for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 2 years in factory, production or laboratory settings
- Equivalent level of education, training, and experience
- Good Manufacturing Practices Certification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.