Medical Laboratory Scientist
Education, Training and Skills:
- Certified Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Associates degree in related field. Bachelors preferred.
- 1-2 years of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information on a need-to-know basis as defined by SCHC.
- Perform phlebotomy: venous, capillary, and heel.
- Collect and process throat, nasal, and urine specimens.
- Perform proficiency testing in the same manner as patient samples.
- Operate and maintain all lab equipment.
- Perform and document equipment maintenance checks, quality control, and calibration activities per policy.
- These functions not all inclusive.