ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Train and assist in maintaining an effective safety awareness program, including regular departmental safety meetings.
- Provide timely written feedback on any injuries or accidents and make recommendations for precluding recurrence.
- Directly train and coordinate the activities of production employees consistent with company policy.
- Train hourly production employees to perform duties according to product conformance and specifications and directs set-up and adjustments of machines.
- Study production schedules and estimate work hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
- Develop a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods in the work area.
- Evaluate employee performance/techniques with cutting tools;
- Train hourly production employees on how to sharpen cutting tools and how to maintain sharpening devices in good condition.
- Travel the production line observing for inappropriate knife usage or knife sharpening techniques that could prevent an employee from having a sharp knife.
- Correct and retrain employees exhibiting behavior that is contrary to training.
- Document and identify trends involving employees, tools or jobs/tasks having most problems with maintaining a sharp cutting tool.
- Schedule training time with employees needing additional training and document.
- Complete progress reports on employees until they qualify for the assigned position. Review progress reports with Production Supervisor on a weekly basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Two years working with adults and/or in a production environment preferred; experience in a food industry necessary.
- Must be able to communicate in English, Spanish and/or dialect.