Director of Finance and Business Analytics
The American Pop Corn Company is a 107-year old family business located in Sioux City, Iowa. We produce and sell popcorn products around the world under the JOLLY TIME brand, America’s first branded popcorn. Recognizing the importance of having access to real-time financial data in order to gain insights on profitability, trends and to make faster, more informed decisions, we are looking for a talented individual to join our team as Director of Finance and Business Analytics.
This is a new role for our company that will require a strong finance background with experience in accounting as well as broad investment and banking processes. We are seeking a candidate also versed in operations and business intelligence systems who can direct the implementation and on-going management of Information Technology. An immediate priority is the modernization and synchronization of all business systems in order to improve data accuracy and availability while increasing operational efficiency for the long term.
Our ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and strategic thinker since the entire organization will be influenced by his or her decision-making.
The JOLLY TIME culture is extremely important to us and our family values spill over into everything we do. If you are passionate, ready for a unique challenge and seeking a stable environment where you can grow and advance in your career, please consider joining us at One Fun Place as a part of “The Official Snack of Happiness.”
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Prepare reliable financial reporting and forecasting reports
- Supervise all finance personnel
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s capital structure and debt access
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations and business plans
- Assure compliance with all state and federal laws and company’s policies
- Provide financial leadership and coaching to operating colleagues
- Technology: Identify and develop opportunities to create higher value, efficiency and quality through technology and improved processes. Provide contemporary knowledge of technology.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree a plus. CPA or equivalent experience in managerial accounting.
- Preferred Experience: Ten years minimum related experience. Proven proficiency in managing the entire spectrum of finance and accounting in a manufacturing environment including budgeting, accounting, information systems, cash management, banking relations and related department personnel.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, financial modeling and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent mathematical and analysis skills
American Pop Corn Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Post-offer physical and drug screen required