Associate Systems Engineer
Under direct supervision, assists in the installation, support and troubleshooting of the enterprise server and storage area network systems. Assist in the resolution of problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires limited evaluation.
Assists in monitoring of the server and storage environment including the set up and configuration of management utilities with appropriate alerts.
Contributes to the documentation of key functions and processes, maintain system-wide policies and procedures for the server and storage environment.
Assists in the research and testing of patches necessary to correct bugs, security issues and enhance system functionality.
This includes the propagation of actions through the project, pre-production, and production environments as well as the refresh aspects of non-production environments as they relate to server and storage environment.
Assists in the planning and execution of projects as it relates to the hardware aspects.
Helps to ensure high availability and disaster recovery of server and storage environment including appropriate backup/restore operations.
Assists in the support effort in coordination with the business development teams as it relates to the technology aspects of the server and storage environment.
- Recommended Associates Degree in an IT related discipline or related experience. BA in computer science strongly preferred.
- 2 or more years experience with server administration required.
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Windows Server Languages: Strong shell scripting expertise & related utilities.
- Applications: MS Office Suite including MS Project Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Problem-solving, communications, and organizational skills.
- Define problems, collects data, analyzes available information and evaluates results to choose the best solutions.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview, you must complete an online application at http://www.wellscareers.com/ or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wells Enterprises, Inc., is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled