Amtec Corporation, located in Janesville, WI, is a leading supplier of defense products to the US Government, specializing in ammunition, fuzes, firing devices, and initiators. We provide state-of-the-art facilities and equipment for our highly qualified and trained personnel, focusing on delivery of high quality products on time. To support our business and advancing technology, we are seeking a highly motivated Design / Project Engineer that will thrive in our small business, team oriented environment to pursue new technologies and overall excellence in ammunition production and development. Education: BS – Engineering Work Experience: 5-10 years’ experience in product engineering / product design. Defense / Ammunition industry, specifically work on US Government development programs is preferred. Must have CAD proficiency (SolidWorks preferred).
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Reports directly to the Technical Director
- Work with the engineering team in support of the execution of both externally funded development programs and internal research and development programs
- Design new products, components, etc. to support the evolving requirements of the warfighter
- Design for producibility/affordability
- Support failure analysis / continuous improvement for current ammunition programs as required
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and strong organizational abilities
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and work in a team environment
- CAD Proficiency (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Travel (~25% average) required
- U.S. Citizenship is required as this position may need a U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience/proficiency with mechanical design and analysis tools (including FEA, etc.) desired
- Candidate will work under limited supervision while exercising responsibility in meeting the technical, financial, and schedule objectives of projects
- Decisions are data driven in nature and require preparing technical justification and reports to a variety of management reviewers
We Offer: Full benefit package, including medical and dental insurance, 401k, etc.
To Apply, Please Email Your Resume to: email@example.com
Or Apply in Person or Mail Resume to:
Amtec Corporation - 4230 Capital Circle Janesville, WI 53546
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.