Company: Journey Mental Health Center
Job Location(s): Madison, WI
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Generally First Shift
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Salary/Benefit Notes: Generous Paid Time Off!
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 5 to 20+ years
Required Security Clearance: None
We have an opening for a Director of Information Technology in our Directors program! Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Information Technology (DIS) provides vision and leadership for the planning, design, implementation, and execution of the technology functions for Journey. This position is responsible for the acquisition, operation, integration and problem-solving aspects of both hardware and software development systems and for leading, directing and managing the technology team.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency's belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn't want you to put effort into your application materials if you don't meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Director of Information Technology reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, healthcare informatics or related field.
- Five or more years of experience supervising an IT department.
- Proficient knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure in a healthcare or similar organization.
- Functional knowledge in the area of clinical IT systems (ex: electronic health record).
- In-depth knowledge of HIPAA Security rules.
- Project management experience.
- Commitment to JMHC's cultural sensitivity, recovery, and growth initiatives.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per state law) and access to a vehicle.
- Master's degree in computer science, informatics and/or business administration.
- Project Management certification.
- Experience in not-for-profit industry and/or healthcare industry.
- Experience with an Apple/Mac environment.
- Fluency in Spanish or one of the Southeast Asian dialects in addition to English.
- Evaluate and set strategy for IT infrastructure (storage, computing, security, and disaster recovery) and software capabilities for current and future organizational needs.
- Ensure the stability of the IT infrastructure (ex: access; help desk; system redundancy/continuity; data integrity/recovery, etc.) and that all hardware/software standards and protocols are met at all locations.
- Oversee the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to HIPAA security policies and procedures in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to understand needs and translate these into technology solutions to incorporate into technology project plans.
- Manage 3rd party relationships with technology service providers including software vendors, hardware vendors, ISP's, management service providers, etc.
- Hire, train and manage IT staff.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of current trends in healthcare and emerging information systems and technologies while developing the long-range direction of the organization's approach to technology.
- Plan, direct and coordinate functions of a multi-faceted team