Grand Canyon Trust is looking for a member services manager who will collaborate with the senior director of development and is responsible for the creation and implementation of annual plans to gain and steward new members for the Grand Canyon Trust and cultivate, solicit, acknowledge, and steward existing members. All annual development plans will nest within the Trust’s five-year strategic plan. The member services manager also coordinates with the communications team to provide opportunities to engage our members. The member services manager is responsible for increasing Trust membership, and for collaborating with and supporting the activities of the senior director of development on major donor relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a knowledgeable advocate for the Trust’s conservation efforts and programs.
- Create and implement print and electronic appeals, newsletters, and notices, and maintain acknowledgement plans and processes for all Trust members.
- Spearhead all efforts to increase Trust membership. Collaborate with the development and communications team to create and implement a robust and creative plan to attract and steward new members, particularly in the digital arena.
- Work with the administrative manager and administrative associate on database management, gift entry, and recordkeeping management.
- Map the “member journey” for Trust membership and provide key touchpoints along the Trust member experience. Determine member interests in specific engagements, be they financial contributions, advocacy, or volunteerism. Create processes to share this information with appropriate staff.
- Provide donors with personal outreach via phone calls, emails, handwritten notes, special event invitations, and field trips.
- Coordinate with communications team to provide content for all development website pages.
- Maintain online donation and membership forms and acknowledgement emails, and create new ones as necessary.
- Evaluate analytics of membership solicitations and appeals to make informed decisions about the Trust’s best practices.
- Record all membership activities and relevant donor notes.
- Ensure that programmatic and donor commitments, Trust policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for ethical compliance, as defined by the Association of Fundraising Professionals and financial auditors.
- Participate as a member of the staff Development Team, the Stewardship and Engagement Team, and the Board of Trustees Fundraising Committee.