Puget Sound Energy’s Mint Farm Generating Station is looking for an Engineer to join our team.
The Mint Farm Generating Station can produce 320 megawatts of electricity when running at maximum capacity. That is enough power to meet the peak electricity demand of about 240,000 households! PSE needs an Engineer that will, under minimal supervision of more experienced staff, prepare engineering plans, designs, specifications, standards, cost estimates, system studies, and other such evaluations. The Engineer also works on project teams to support the successful completion of projects designed to reinforce the energy delivery or power generation systems. The successful candidate will work on assignments performed with the goal of growing the engineers’ technical and managerial knowledge about PSE processes and systems.
The Engineer will be expected to support emergency response operations when needed and uphold the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities.
At the discretion of the hiring team, this role may be filled at a lower level.
· Manage the plant Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and maintenance scheduling process.
- Function as both the Project Manager and Project Engineer for plant managed Capital and O&M projects.
- Provide engineering, scheduling and technical support to plant management and crews for planned and unplanned plant maintenance.
- Manage site reliability initiatives such as Root Cause Analysis, Preventive/Predictive Maintenance, and Lubrication.
- Work with plant management and PSE Compliance Group to assure regulatory compliance of the facility.
- Participate in selection, administration and oversight of any contractors performing maintenance work at the plant.
- Participate in development of plant O&M and capital budgets.
- Assures technical quality of work performed by plant operating personnel and contractors.
- Perform periodic plant efficiency tests and publish results as required.
- Provide oversight for plant controls software and hardware configuration.
· Applies engineering principles, practices, theories,
· Ensures compliance with codes, standards, and design requirements.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor of Science degree or PE license in electrical, mechanical, civil or other appropriate engineering field.
· Substantial experience in planning, design, specification preparation, technical field work, project cost estimating and scheduling (typically achieved after 5 or more years practice as a degreed engineer). Years of acquired experience is provided as a guide and alone does not constitute readiness for job level as individual’s skill acquisition rates can vary significantly.
· Demonstrated organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Experience
· Experience working with both internal and external customers on projects.
· Experience with process or generating plant systems, programmable logic controllers, and control system design.
· Experience with coordinating external consultants in the execution of a project.
· Possession of EIT certificate and ability to acquire PE license.
· Knowledge of engineering economics and analysis.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.