Operating Engineers Apprenticeship
Operating Engineers Local 965 will begin accepting applications for their heavy equipment operator apprenticeship program November 1, 2018 through December 28, 2018. Applications will be accepted Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Operating Engineers Training Site, 3208 Young Road, Mechanicsburg, IL 62545. Applications will be retained for a period of two (2) years. The minimum applicant qualifications required are:
- At least 18 years of age (must provide a certified copy of birth certificate at the time of application)
- Have completed a minimum of two (2) years of high school. The applicant will be required to provide a high school transcript and/or GED certification for evaluation purposes
- Have permanent residence in one of these Illinois counties for a period of not less than six (6) months prior to date of application or who, having had a permanent home in said area, has temporarily left with the intention of returning as a permanent resident: Adams, Brown, Cass, Christian, DeWitt, Logan, Macon, Menard, Morgan, Piatt, Pike, Sangamon, Schuyler, Scott or Shelby counties.
- All successful applicants must have and maintain a valid driver s license and auto insurance for the duration of the apprenticeship.
- A statement from a licensed physician stating physical ability to perform the work of the trade will be required within 30 days of being indentured.
- Applicants will pay a $20.00 non-refundable administrative fee, CASH ONLY.
- Alcohol and drug screening
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER