The Owatonna Public Utilities (OPU) has an opening for a Journey Lineworker. This is your opportunity to join a dream team of enthusiastic Lineman dedicated to the safety and success of each other and the Owatonna Public Utilities. Our Lineworkers safely perform electric system construction and maintenance work on our 12.5 KV distribution system de-energized or energized serving 12, 000+ customers. They also assist in the instruction of Apprentice Lineworkers as well as provide timely restoration of electric services to customers.
Qualifications for this position:
• Electric Lineworker Technical Certificate/Degree is required.
• Two (2) years performing electric distribution system construction and maintenance work as a Journey Lineworker at an electric utility company is required.
• Minnesota Class “A” Commercial Drivers’ License is required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is desired.
• Work experience with Aerial Lift truck, Digger Derrick truck, trencher, skid loader, trench box, and mini excavator 2-way radio is desired.
• Position is on stand-by rotation with a 20 minute response time requirement.
If interested, please visit our website at www.owatonnautilities.com to obtain an employment application and additional information on this position. Salary: $37.35/hr. - $42.08/hr. Applications will be reviewed as received. Position will be open until filled.
Return applications to: Human Resource Manager
Owatonna Public Utilities
208 S. Walnut Avenue
P.O. Box 800
Owatonna, MN 55060
507-446-5414 or 446-5488
Equal Opportunity Employer