Winona Volunteer Services, a non-profit service provider and advocate in Winona County, is seeking a Nutrition Educator.
The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers during food shelf hours offering meal planning ideas, recipes, sharing knowledge about the products and nudging the produce and other healthy choices to the shoppers.
- Responsible for qualifying people for the food shelf and administering the emergency food program.
- Explains how to best use the food shelf to support good nutrition and healthy choices.
- Set the standard for organizing and displaying the food and produce in the food shelf.
- Place food orders with food vendors and encourage local farms to donate fresh produce.
- Provide support to other collaborative programs as needed.
- Forms relationships with individuals to better understand their food needs, cooking abilities, lifestyle habits and health concerns. Based on this knowledge, the Nutrition Educator offers customized suggestions to help individuals deal with the nutritional concerns they have. Develop collaborative efforts with other organizations to promote and strengthen public education efforts that promote positive lifestyles and healthy behaviors.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and prepares monthly report on status of program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate Degree in Nutrition, Public Health or related field
- At least two (2) years of related experience
- Experience facilitating programs to children, adults and seniors
Must have access to reliable personal transportation, valid driver's license and insurance.
Please send cover letter and resume to Sandra Burke at email@example.com.