Dairyland Power Cooperative, an electric utility headquartered in La Crosse, WI is seeking an Electrical Engineer. This individual will design, specify, evaluate, and coordinate the installation of protective relaying, metering, control schemes, circuit breakers, motor-operated switches, transformers, voltage regulators, grounding, etc. to ensure a properly designed and engineered transmission and substation network. As a team member, resolve problems that may impact Dairyland and its member cooperatives and municipals. Ensure regulatory compliance requirements are being met. Provide continuing technical support to other departments and Dairyland's member cooperatives and municipal customers.
Education & Experience:
- BSEE - Power Systems option preferred.
- Three years of experience. This experience must be in the area(s) of power systems, electric machinery, protective relaying, metering, control systems, telecommunications, or electronics desirable.
- Electric utility experience is preferred.
- A working knowledge of AC three-phase systems, protective relaying, metering and computer-aided drafting.
- The ability to read and understand manufacturer's drawings, technical bulletins, instruction leaflets, etc.
- Adaptability to computer methods for daily work duties is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Engineering Economics knowledge.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Registered Professional Engineer or Certified Engineer-in-Training (EIT) actively pursuing registration.
- Valid Driver's License.
Dairyland Power Cooperative offers a competitive salary and a great range of benefits. To view the full job description and to apply online, please visit us at jobs.dairylandpower.com/careers Applications will be accepted until staffing needs are met. Must submit college transcripts. Dairyland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.