Who is Michaels Energy? We’re engineers. We want everything to work correctly and efficiently. Since 1984, we’ve dedicated ourselves to making this happen – for buildings, systems, processes, you name it. Besides our self-proclaimed obsession with all things energy efficiency, we’re pretty darn good at math too. But seriously, a company comprised mostly of engineers, we can’t help but be passionate about making things work correctly and efficiently.
Michaels Energy has used that passion to help building owners, utilities, consultants and partners save energy and design high performing systems, processes and programs. Energy efficiency, resource preservation, and long-term cost effectiveness are an integral part of everything we do.
At Michaels, we promise to make every experience positive and offer our clients proactive support and responsiveness, completion of every project on time, technical accuracy, attention to detail, and insight beyond answers.
Reporting to the COO, the Accounting Manager is responsible for all corporate accounting functions including billing, payroll, AR/AP, and financial reporting. The Accounting Manager will also support our project work by providing performance data to executives and project managers.
- Maintain accurate financial data
- Prepare and analyze financial reports
- Report company financials to management
- Work with department and project managers to support project activities
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll
- Oversee accounts payable and receivables
- Generate client invoices per contract requirements and billing schedule
- Review contract terms and conditions
- Manage company insurance policies and relationship with agent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Ten years of related experience
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office and accounting system (Deltek Ajera preferred)
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to work under a deadline
- Must be able to work both independently as well as in a team environment and be able to effectively communicate throughout the organization