The School District of Holmen has the following vacancy in the District Office.
Title: Business Services Specialist
Job Responsibilities: Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Perform accounting and related financial tasks.
· Reconcile bank accounts each month.
· Gather data and complete forms for information requests as approved by supervisor.
· Perform accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks.
· Maintain inventory and fixed asset records.
· Process insurance claims.
· Support payroll and benefit related functions.
A complete job description is available upon request from the Human Resources Department.
Qualified candidates should possess:
· High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent.
· Post-secondary degree in an accounting related field, or five years of related experience in lieu of degree.
Demonstrated competency in the following:
· Accounting procedures (preparation, maintenance & interpretation of balance sheet, expense & revenue reports, general ledger, journal entries, budgeting)
· Business operations (employee benefits procedures, payroll procedures, Fair Labor Standards Act, Employee Handbook, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Federal Income Tax Law, wage-related benefits)
· Demonstrated competency in: computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, data- base, email), office equipment (10-key numeric pad, copy/fax machine, printers) and office practices (phone etiquette, letter form/composition, filing)
· Demonstrated competency in the following ability and skill areas: analysis, mathematics, and accuracy with speed and attention to detail.
· Two years of successful experience using Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Excel), computerized accounting, check writing, or payroll system software preferred.
· Previous successful experience with governmental (fund based, encumbrance system) accounting preferred.
Reports To: Supervisor of Business Services
Terms of Employment: This is a 12-month, 8 hour per day, 40 hour per week position. Salary, benefits and employment terms as per the Employee Handbook.
Application Deadline: All applicants are required to submit the District Application. The application is located on WECAN. Applicants can access WECAN at: https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/ or via the School District of Holmen’s website under “Employment”. All applicants must submit an on-line application, resume, and letters of recommendation. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on February 28, 2020, or until position is filled.