The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) invites applications and nominations for the position of Network Analyst – Audio Visual. This is a renewable, full-time, non-tenured, administrative position and reports to the Manager Audio Visual Operations, Network Services. The position will be located in Elko, Nevada. The NSHE is comprised of eight institutions: two universities, a state college, four community colleges and a research institute.
The Network Analyst – Audio/Visual emphasis position is responsible for a wide range of work at a high level of difficulty transporting, installing, testing, operating, troubleshooting and maintaining complex audio/video and data networking technologies associated with the NSHE NevadaNet Networks, which includes routers, switches, video codecs, MCU’s (videoconferencing bridges), microphone/sound systems, video production boards, projectors and variety of electronic media equipment. This position also provides moderate level data and video network technical support services to NevadaNet network constituents.
APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: April 1, 2018
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (technical discipline preferred). Additionally, a minimum of two years of direct work experience relating to video and voice communications, audio/visual equipment installation, operation, monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution is required. This position requires excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
A valid Nevada driver’s license is required.
Alternately, six or more years direct work experience relating to data, video and/or voice communications systems/networks coupled with at least two years of formal education or training in a related field may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree as qualifications for this position.
For the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position, please see full description at www.nevada.edu, Human Resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following areas of responsibility within Network Services:
- Install, test, operate, maintain, troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance activities in support of NSHE’s statewide video and data network
- Monitor NSHE video/voice/data performance to ensure overall network quality and availability
- Technical support for NSHE statewide video network (NevadaNet), System Computing Services and System Administration’s video conference Board/conference room audio/visual systems
- Technical audio/visual support for various Board of Regents and System Administration meetings
- Travel statewide is required as necessary to gather information needed for technical analysis and/or preventive maintenance activities necessary to accomplish the desired objectives
- Travel both inside and outside the State of Nevada is required from time to time in order to attend training or to represent SCS at conferences and administrative meetings
- Collaborate with network end users for the purpose of assessing, implementing and training for ongoing customer video network requirements
- Document network and audio/visual systems topologies, asset inventories, technical or historical documentation requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned
Application Deadline: Applications may be submitted until the position is filled, however the review of materials will begin on March 4, 2018.
For more information about the Nevada System of Higher Education, please visit our website at www.nevada.edu. The Nevada System of Higher Education hires only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. The NSHE is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.