Kenworth Sales Company was founded in 1945 by the Treadways and is still family owned through 4 generations. With the combined service and support of over 700 employees across 21 different locations, we were awarded the 2014 ATD Dealer Of The Year Award. While the nature of the business has evolved from the days of a simple handshake to complex paperwork and “red tape,” Kenworth Sales Company still offers a highly personal approach to customer service.
We are in business to serve the customer with the best line of heavy and medium duty trucks, the most complete inventory of parts, and the highest quality of service available. Our values revolve around quality, honest dealing, friendship and it shows in our customer service. Kenworth Sales Company is here for the long haul and we commit to getting you on the road and keeping you there with the best
We are currently seeking
to join our team.
The primary function of the Service Technician is to perform superior quality repairs to customer equipment, and make recommendations for further services as determined by the Technician in the course of the servicing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives repair order assignments from Shop Foreman.
- Performs work directed in repair order in a timely and thorough manner. Maintains superior standard of workmanship in all services performed.
- Advises Shop Foreman of any recommended changes in services ordered by customer.
- Determines if any further repairs or servicing should be recommended to customer, and communicates such recommendations to the Shop Foreman.
- Maintains a level of training and experience with specialized equipment, machinery, and servicing techniques necessary for superior servicing of the customer's equipment. Attends training sessions as required from time to time by Service Manager.
- Performs additional repairs required when any piece of equipment is returned by customer because of Technician's faulty workmanship.
- Maintain accurate work order records of work performed and time clocked on job.
- Follow all Warranty Vendor guidelines while keeping service desk informed. Mark and retain all parts as per warranty vendor guidelines.
- Accept and represent company department in all directed after hours call-out situations.
- Keep work area in a functional and clean state.
- Fortify a positive and cohesive work environment.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
High school diploma or the equivalent
Working knowledge of truck repair and maintenance
Two years of experience as Technician, Technician's helper or apprentice in truck dealership.
Ability to operate power and hand tools and other equipment safely
Valid Driver's License and clean record
We have excellent benefits including paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, medical and dental insurance and a 401k retirement program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please apply online at: