McCain It’s All Good™ is our philosophy. As a food manufacturer, our business is driven by good people, making good food, from good ingredients – and the result is food that makes people feel good. But McCain It's All Good™ is not just about the food we make, it's about how we conduct ourselves in every aspect of our business. From farmer and customer relationships to sustainable agricultural processes – we strive to make every element of our business good. The McCain It's All Good™ philosophy underpins everything we do. McCain Foods has an immediate openings for Maintenance Mechanics on the night shift (7 p.m. to 7 a.m.) at the Burley, Idaho plant.
Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for the safely maintaining and repairing factory equipment and other industrial machinery, such as conveying systems, production machinery, and packaging equipment. Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for troubleshooting problems, making repairs to or replacing equipment, and performing tests to ensure that problems are resolved. Additionally, preventative maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machines, checking the performance of machines, and routine maintenance on equipment, is a critical function of the Maintenance Mechanic’s responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and adjusts factory equipment, including changing and replacing belts, sprockets, bearings, chains, motors, pumps, etc.
- Installs, repairs, maintains, and troubleshoots production equipment, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, and malfunctioning apparatus such as conveyors, fans, and piping.
- Assists with setting-up and operating lathe, mill, drill press, grinder, and other tools needed to fabricate and repair parts.
- Cleans, lubricates, and maintains machinery and factory equipment.
- Utilizes CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) system to document, record, and detail all issues and conditions with machinery and equipment.
- Assists with basic carpentry, building maintenance, and plumbing as needed.
- Adjusts and calibrates factory equipment and machinery to optimal specifications.
- Reads technical manuals and schematics to understand equipment and controls.
- 1 year certificate from college or technical school; 2 years related experience and/or training; and/or equivalent combination and experience.
- Understanding, knowledge, and basic skill with welding, industrial mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulic systems, electricity, motors, pumps, and plumbing.
- Packaging maintenance experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in a potato processing factory is a plus.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend complex technical manuals and directions.
- Basic computer skills – experience with CMMS preferred.
Compensation includes a competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.mccainburley.com, then select “Current Opportunities” to view this and other opportunities with McCain Foods.
McCain Foods and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.