Network Design and Installation Technician
Our Network Design and Installation Technician position will provide network design, budgeting, installation and integration of Microsoft Windows network platforms. This position will provide day-to-day support, monitoring, and maintenance of our data networks. Responsibilities include evaluating the switching/routed environments, as well as analyzing and troubleshooting network communication. Provide first level support for all troubleshooting and trouble ticket resolution. Responsible for preventative maintenance of equipment, and provide sales referrals, site surveys and customer relationship management.
Essential Job Functions
• Design configure and support Windows based networks adhering to Microsoft guidelines.
• Recommend upgrades to network hardware and software components as required to stay current.
• Install, program, repair and maintain all current windows-based network systems.
• Coordinate with other departments on service installations and changes to update billing and central office records.
• Maintain an ability to work flexible hours to meet deadlines while minimizing customer impact.
• Provide routine and preventative maintenance including software/configuration backups, and upgrades as necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Microsoft network certification MCSE, MCSA
• Cisco Certification is a plus CCNA, CCENT, ICND
• Knowledge of Ethernet and Switching
• Knowledge of IP addressing schemes, subnetting and how to assign/deploy IP networks
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
• Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience
Minimum 2 years of related job knowledge and work experience installing and maintaining windows networks and networking systems. Certifications in A+, Net +, Cisco CCNA, and other manufacture certifications a plus.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
PMT, C/O Outside Plant Manager, P.O. Box 366 Rupert, ID 83350
Or email email@example.com or visit https://pmt.org/about-us/careers/PMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and much more! PMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workforce