Performs general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse under the direction of the Chief Engineer. Areas of responsibility include refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry. Maintain a safe, productive and organized facility.
- Identify cost saving and productivity enhancing opportunities, support continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintain/repair industrial ammonia refrigeration equipment including compressors, pumps, piping, fans, valves and motors.
- Maintain and repair building and grounds assets, including building floors, walls, roofs, stairways, partitions, doors, windows, fixtures, concrete/asphalt pavement, plumbing systems, and fencing.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, floor sweeper/scrubbers, and industrial batteries.Consists of changing hydraulic oils and filters, lubrication of masts and other moving parts, putting water in batteries, taking battery voltage and specific gravity readings, etc.
- Maintain and repair loading dock equipment including hydraulic and pneumatic dock levelers, trailer restraints, dock doors, interior lights, and driver safety indicator lights.
- Troubleshoot, and repair of electrical systems, replace lamps, fuses, solenoid coils and other basic electrical devices as needed.
- Test, maintain and evaluate equipment and system performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, thermometers and pressure gauges.Test and calibrate refrigeration control system sensors.
- Operate a wide variety of hand and power tools such as wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, gear pullers, jacks, drill press, band saw, screw gun, grinder, welders, torch, electric drill, impact wrench.
- Maintain accurate records of all preventive maintenance and repair activities.