Treasure Valley Seed/Trinidad Benham Corporation has an exciting opportunity for an Agriculture Intern in our Hazleton, ID plant.
- When: May 2019 – August 2019 (12 weeks)
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 40 hours per week
Interns will participate in the following:
- Field Scouting – Evaluating bean fields
- Crop Assessment – Checking plant population and plant health
- Product Quality – Remove off types, coordinate with roguing crew, grading and rating
- Field Representation – Collaborating with seed providers and bean growers
- Plant Operations – Shipping, receiving and product flow
- Trials- Monitor pea and bean trials for genetic purity
Why Trinidad: We are a national leader in the consumer food products industry. We process and package beans, rice, popcorn and household aluminum foil. We are the largest dry bean packer in the United States. Our customers include major grocery chains and food service companies throughout the country. We are respected around the world for integrity, category expertise, dedication to quality, and superior customer service.
The Opportunity: This is a very hands-on role with direct exposure to experienced and knowledgeable crop scouts, farmers, and company management. Upon successful completion of a designated internship program, interns may be eligible to join Treasure Valley Seed or Trinidad Benham after graduation. Internship compensation consists of a competitive hourly pay rate and reimbursement of all travel and living expenses incurred on the job.
- Must have at least a Junior status and major in Agricultural Business, Soil and Crop Science, Seed Breeding, Operations Management, Food Science or related fields
- Ability and willingness to live in the area of the designated Treasure Valley Seed/Trinidad Benham plant during the internship.
- Desire to work in a manufacturing and agricultural environment.
- Must have a clean motor vehicle record and valid driver’s license.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated leadership, persuasive and analytical skills, and a strong work ethic.