Bloomington Illinois Law Firm is seeking full or part time assistants for its estate planning and tax practice. There are 2 potential positions available for assistants with 2+ years of experience handling general law office matters or estate planning, tax, trust and estate administration matters.
Position 1- Full or Part Time Legal Assistant - Job Description:
Basic duties will include answering phones, scheduling appointments, greeting clients, handling daily operational tasks, preparing estate planning documents, securing legal descriptions, recording documents with various county recorder offices, e-filing probate documents with the Court, communicating with clients, preparing correspondence, drafting probate pleadings, and organizing and analyzing documentation.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, dependable, good at multi-tasking, analytical, able to handle a wide variety of tasks, good at problem-solving and comfortable dealing with a wide range of clients, including executives, elderly and high net worth individuals. Legal experience preferred. Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
Competitive salary and benefits package. Flexibility with hours.
Position 2- Full or Part Time Estate Planning and Tax Legal Assistant - Job Description:
Responsibilities for an Estate Planning Assistant will include but are not limited to:
1. Assist in the preparation of complex estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, deeds and ancillary documents
2. Coordinate the transfer of assets into and out of trusts and estates, including bank accounts, stock transfers and real estate deeds
3. Assist in the preparation of farm and commercial real estate sale and purchase documents
4. Assist in the preparation of LLC, Partnership, Corporate and Not-For-Profit documents
5. Assist in the preparation of estate tax returns, gift tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns
6. Assist in the preparation of individual and partnership tax returns
7. Maintain inventories, books and records for estates and trusts
8. Assist with asset valuations (as of date of death and alternate valuation date)
9. Verify bank balances, order appraisals and prepare inventory for trust and estate administration
10. Coordinate and manage post-death administration of trusts and estates
11. Assist in preparing and filing probate forms and managing cases
12. Prepare fiduciary accountings; organize assets; coordinate trust funding; marshal assets; prepare real property deeds and related documents
13. Prepare annual trust accounting
14. Prepare schedules for asset distribution and trust funding, and coordinate the distributions on termination of trust
15. Determine the documentation necessary to effect sale or transfer of probate and non-probate assets including real estate, securities, bank accounts, closely held stock and LLC interests, small business entities, promissory notes, mortgages, automobiles and recreational vehicles
16. Familiarity with estate, gift and GST issues is a plus
Very competitive salary and benefits package. Flexibility with hours.
Both positions include competitive salary and benefits package. Flexibility with hours. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com