LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN LAW ENFORCEMENT?
The Dubuque Police Department is a full service, community oriented and nationally accredited law enforcement agency. We are currently seeking high-caliber women and men to take up the challenge to protect and enhance the quality of life in our community. We are looking for service-oriented, hard-working individuals who thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment, to actively demonstrate these qualities and abilities as a City of Dubuque Police Officer.
The City of Dubuque Civil Service Commission will be conducting a written examination and physical agility test for the position of Police Officer at 9:00 a.m. on January 26, 2019, on the University of Dubuque campus in Dubuque, Iowa. Check in will begin at 8:15 a.m. at the Veteran's Memorial Indoor Practice Facility located at the north end of McCormick Street, on the University of Dubuque campus.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma or its equivalent at the time of appointment.
- Candidates must pass a written examination, oral examinations and physical agility test.
- Have experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrate an ability to follow a management style that is input oriented.
- Value problem solving and the development of partnerships.
- Possess a desire to be part of an organization that values service, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork.
Please submit a Civil Service Application to the City Personnel Office by 5:00 p.m. on December 21, 2018. Civil Service Application packets may be obtained at the City Personnel Office located at City Hall, 50 West 13th Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001-4864.
The civil service application, benefit summary and job description are available at www.cityofdubuque.org/employment. The Personnel Office may be contacted at 563-589-4125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE.