Position Title: Reservationist
Under general supervision, operates communication systems utilizing radio, telephone and computer equipment to provide assistance to drivers and the public in support of daily transit operations of demand response transit services. Prepares and maintains manual and computerized files and records; provides information to the public; dispatches personnel and vehicles in response to service requests.
Summary of essential job functions
- Performs dispatch and call taking duties. Enters client and trip info into software.
- Monitors two-way radio; sends and receives messages; authorizes route changes to drivers . Instructs drivers concerning directions and detours. Contacts police, fire and ambulance in emergency situations.
- Operates a multi-line telephone system providing quality, front line telephone customer service.
- Maintains trip manifests, including printing, organizing, distributing, filing, and archiving.
- Maintains written and computer generated logs of all service requests; enters and updates client information.
- Responds to all calls and service requests promptly and with courtesy; provides information to the public in a courteous manner regarding demand-response transit services.
- Performs a variety of office tasks to assist in transit operations.
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned to maintain operations of department.
- General knowledge of the policies and procedures for all RBT contracted services
- Transit system operations, rules & regulations;
- Two way radio procedures and codes
- Multi line telephone system
- Customer service practices;
- Knowledge of safe driving techniques
- Arrive on-time & work independently with minimal supervision;
- Operate in accordance with state & federal vehicle codes & traffic regulations;
- Understand & follow detailed oral & written instructions;
- Perform simple arithmetic computations;
- Speak, read, & write basic English;
- Articulate clearly & concisely;
- Maintain basic records & complete reports;
- Exercise sound judgment in stressful or emergency situations;
- Learn & apply computer software;
- Operation of standard office equipment;
- High school diploma or GED
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one (1) to two (2) years
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.50 to $11.00 /hour
Experience: Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work environment: Office
Communication method(s) used: Phone
Typical start time:
Position requires availability to work weekdays from 5:30 am to 11:30 am or 11:30 am to 5:30 pm – Monday - Friday and every 6th weekend on a Saturday (7:30 am to 4:00 pm).