Occupational Health Nurse – On-Site
ALARIS is the nation's premier healthcare management firm specializing in workers' compensation case management. ALARIS has a rich 17-year history, extensive expertise and responsive services for clients of all sizes. Our business is built on client satisfaction, integrity and hard work. We are unbiased and work as a team with employers, adjusters and injured workers to achieve a safe and timely return to work.
ALARIS provides workers’ compensation and disability case management services that facilitate timely communication, while reducing medical and disability costs. ALARIS also ensures the delivery of high-quality treatment so the injured party can enjoy both a positive health outcome and a successful return to work. We offer a sophisticated case management process that aims to collaboratively determine how best to implement, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate an individual’s unique health needs.
The Alaris Group has an immediate opening for a full-time Occupational Health Nurse to work on-site at an employer/construction site in Lead, SD. The qualified candidate will perform the following, but not limited to, job duties:
- Monitor occupational and non-occupational injuries/illnesses in order to facilitate a safe, healthy work environment, and contribute to recovery
- Serve as a central point of contact for staff on illness and injury related questions
- Facilitate early Return to Work (RTW) programs
- Perform respirator fit testing and respirator certifications
- Instructor on CPR/First Aid and provide instructions of care within the realm of the position
- Responsible for wellness initiatives/programs, including promoting health & wellness and performing wellness training
- Assist and ensure compliance with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Maintain OSHA 300 log tracking
- Maintain confidentiality of medical records and information in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) laws
- Perform other duties as needed
If you are an RN looking for more autonomy and the ability to do something different, please apply! ALARIS offers an award-winning culture and we will train the right nurse for this role.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in South Dakota
- 1-2 years Workers’ Compensation/Occupational Health experience preferred
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) – Emergency Nurses Association – Certification
- Ability and willingness to train
- Excellent organization and timeline adherence skills
- Excellent PC and technology skills
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal