College & Career Counselor
UNION SPRINGS CSD
Reports directly to the Principal. The College Career Counselor's mission, in partnership with the building administrators and guidance counselors, is to promote and create a college-going and career readiness culture in the school district's high school. This individual will ensure that all high school students will have the means, opportunity and preparation to succeed in post-secondary education, at either a two or four year college, a career, or in military service. This individual will provide support high school students in their efforts to identify educational and vocational objectives and guide students in their college search, selection, and application. They will work to ensure students are on the right the correct academic track and cultivate and foster positive working relationships between higher education partners and the school district, so as to build strong partnerships that will assist students in their efforts to attain career goals. Another key goal for this position would be to help students who are not enrolled in BOCES to earn their CDOS credential.
1. Knowledge and skills necessary to maintain complex databases.
2. Ability to travel & visit sites outside the Union Springs area and conduct home visits.
3. Ability to communicate and establish working relationships with area employers, college admission and financial aid offices.
4. Assist w/job-related issues; such as finding work, setting career goals & dealing with on the job stress.
5. Skills to sponsor information events and attract students and parents to participate.
SALARY, HOURS & BENEFITS: Per Teacher's Contract.
Certification required: School Counselor Certification.
For further job responsibilities please go to the district's website: www.unionspringscsd.org
Qualified candidates should send letter of interest, resume' & copy of certification to: Superintendent Jarett Powers, Union Springs School District, 239 Cayuga Street, Union Springs, NY 13160
Deadline: February 12, 2019.