SPECIAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR (EDUCATOR) - JOB OPENINGS
The State Training School (STS) at Eldora offers a holistic social, behavioral, psychiatric, academic and vocational program that utilizes counseling, treatment and consequences paired with praise and opportunity to males, ages 12 to 18 years old who have been adjudicated delinquent. Services and programs provide individualized treatment and offer comprehensive education, with a goal of transitioning the young man back to his community. The facility is operated by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS).
The program available for residents includes:
• General education studies • Special education programs • Title I
• Competency-based vocational programs • High School Equivalency Diploma (formerly GED) • Counseling
Special Education instructor (Educator)
Special Education Instructors at the STS are an irreplaceable piece in the successful development of young men at the facility. DHS is currently recruiting a Special Education Instructor to identify the particular issues of young men with special needs and aid in the fulfillment of those needs. If you enjoy challenging, yet rewarding work helping students find stability in their lives and security in their future, and are proficient in –
• Handling a diverse caseload of emotionally disordered students with mild to moderate needs
• Teaching in an individualized manner in an effort to reach the young men in our facility
• Providing both individual and classroom instruction
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Applicants must meet teaching certification requirements established by the Iowa Department of Education including completion of an elementary, secondary, or child development program of teacher preparation.
Salary: $44,449.60 - $67,516.80 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 18-02396
Closing: 8/28/2018 11:59 PM Central
– you will want to have a career at the STS.
The State Training School provides an environment rich in educational challenges that will allow you to practice your craft in a meaningful manor with no boring days. You will perfect and grow your ability in Special Education by addressing the educational challenges that come from working with a diverse group of students. You will be a big part of the glue that helps pull these young men together. You will be well served by the existing structure which provides you with administrative office staff and security.
The State Training School is located in Eldora, Iowa, home of the Pine Lake State Park which offers an array of outdoor recreational activities. Eldora is an Iowa River Greenbelt Community featuring quaint shops, eating choices, and plenty of family friendly activity. The Iowa River Greenbelt Scenic Drive is a must do which winds through a picturesque landscape of valleys, woods and streams. Eldora is 45 minutes from Ames and Cedar Falls and only 22 minutes from Iowa Falls.
At the STS we are committed to helping talented Psychologists and Counselors continue to grow by offering benefits such as:
• Re-licensure opportunities • Comprehensive Orientation • Team Environment • Training and Development
As an employee of the STS you are a State of Iowa employee and eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following and more.
• Insurance – Health, Dental, Life, Voluntary Life, and Long Term Disability
• IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System)-Fixed Income Pension
• Deferred Compensation with match as a Roth or Traditional Tax Deferred Plan
• Leave – Sick, Vacation, Family, and Military Leave
• Wellness Program
• Strong Opportunity for Advancement, Growth, and Development.
To learn more about benefits available to State of Iowa employees visit the benefits web page.
Applicants must apply on line, please apply at:
Search: Filter - Location - Eldora
If you have questions please contact:
State Training School • Joel Weeks - firstname.lastname@example.org
3211 Edgington Avenue, Eldora, IA 50627 • Phone: 641-858-5402
Applications should be submitted using the link above no later than August 28, 2018.
The State of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.