Job Description: Kitchen / Cook
Cooks: $10.00 - $16.00 per hour; Full & Part-time
Servers: $4.50 - $6.50 per hour; Full & Part-time
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Brass Tap uniform standards and dress code
- Follows all Brass Tap safety, sanitation, and employee guidelines
- Follows proper food rotation, understands how to date and label all items (both prepped and unprepped)
- Strictly adheres to Brass Tap recipes and procedures when preparing and cooking all food items
- Practices “clean as you go” techniques to avoid cross contamination
- Calibrates bio-thermometers and scales for accurate results
- Follows all HACCP Food Safety guidelines for heating and cooling of food products
- Assists in checking in, unloading, dating, rotating, and storage of all delivered products
Candidate Minimal Requirements:
Education: Food handler Certification (or other state approved program if required)
Previous kitchen experience preferred but not required
Physical requirements for this position include:
- Continuous standing, bending, lifting/ carrying items (up to 60 pounds)
- Exposure to heat (up to 100 F or more)
- Ability to read recipes, prep sheets, charts in English
- Understand measuring ingredients by weight and by volume, able to use ounce and pound scales for measuring.
- Able to operate a slicer for cutting meats, cheeses, and vegetables (must be 18 years of age)
- Must be able to competently operate the grill, fryer, oven and any other kitchen equipment to accurately and timely prepare all food items as orders are registered.
- Team Player, Hard Working & Honest
This description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job.