The State Training School (STS) at Eldora offers a holistic social, behavioral, psychiatric, academic, and Special Education program that utilizes counseling, treatment and consequences paired with praise and opportunity to males, ages 12 to 18 years old who have been adjudicated delinquent. Services and programs provide individualized treatment and offer comprehensive
education, with a goal of transitioning the young man back to his community. The facility is operated by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS).
The program available for residents includes:
• General education studies
• Special education programs
• Title I
• Competency-based vocational programs
• High School Equivalency Diploma (formerly GED)
The Night Supervisor at the STS is integral to a safe, secure, and efficient facility. Their primary focus is to supervise the personnel who ensure campus safety and intervene to take control of situations that may arise overnight. The Night Supervisor oversees the people who:
• Respond to calls on campus and maintain the controlled therapeutic atmosphere
• Provide transportation of students, prepare concise written reports, and enter them into the computer system.
In addition the Nights Supervisor -
• oversees the completion of all reporting,
• ensure staff is available and performing adequately
• ensure appropriate time reporting and completes payroll sheets to be turned in
This is a great opportunity for someone who has the ability to supervise staff. If you enjoy challenging, yet rewarding work helping students find stability in their lives and security in their future, and can supervise and work as part of a team to help reach these goals you will want to have a career at the STS.
The State Training School provides an environment rich in challenges that will allow you to play a meaningful role in the rehabilitation of these young men with no boring days. You will be the glue that helps pull these young men together.
Salary: $42,702.40 to $63,502.40 and a truly exceptional benefit package fit for a deserving seasoned professional.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 19-00706
Closing: 10/21/2018 11:59 PM Central
– you will want to have a career at the STS.
As an employee of the STS you are a State of Iowa employee and eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following and more.
• Insurance – Health, Dental, Life, Voluntary Life, and Long Term Disability
• The Dental is free to singles and the Medical is only $40 per month.
• The Dental and Medical together are currently only $190 a month for family coverage
• 9 holidays are paid (2.5 times hourly rate if worked),
• 2 weeks paid vacation, sick leave
• IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System)-Fixed Income Pension
• Deferred Compensation with match as a Roth or Traditional Tax Deferred Plan
• Strong Opportunity for Advancement, Growth, and Development.
The State Training School is located in Eldora, Iowa, home of the Pine Lake State Park which offers an array of outdoor
recreational activities. Eldora is an Iowa River Greenbelt Community featuring quaint shops, eating choices, and plenty of
family friendly activity. The Iowa River Greenbelt Scenic Drive is a must do which winds through a picturesque landscape of valleys, woods and streams. Eldora is 45 minutes from Ames and Cedar Falls and only 22 minutes from Iowa Falls.
To learn more about benefits available to State of Iowa employees visit the benefits web page.
Apply online beginning Monday, October 1st after 5pm. Applicants must apply on line, please apply at:
Search: Filter - Location - Eldora
If you have questions please contact:
State Training School • Ed Gilliland - firstname.lastname@example.org
3211 Edgington Avenue, Eldora, IA 50627 • Phone: 641-858-5402
Applications should be submitted using the link above no later than October 21 at 11:59 PM.
The State of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.