The State Training School (STS) at Eldora offers a holistic social, behavioral, psychiatric, academic and vocational program that utilizes counseling, treatment and consequences paired with praise and opportunity to males, ages 12 to 18 years old who have been adjudicated delinquent. Services and programs provide individualized treatment and offer comprehensive education, with a goal of transitioning the young man back to his community. The facility is operated by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS).
The program available for residents includes:
- General education studies
- Special education programs
- Title I
- Competency-based vocational programs
- High School Equivalency Diploma (formerly GED)
The Education Department is the heart of this organization and needs to replace a 20-year employee who held a Clerk-Advanced position. The person occupying this position will perform specialized clerical tasks of moderate difficulty and subject matter diversity, and performs related work as required. The position provides excellent compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Salary: $27,560.00 - $39,228.80 Annually.
- Job Type: Full-time, M - F Day Shift.
- Job Number: 19-00017
- Closing: 1/17/2019 11:59 PM Central
The State Training School is located in Eldora, Iowa, home of the Pine Lake State Park which offers an array of outdoor recreational activities. Eldora is an Iowa River Greenbelt Community featuring quaint shops, eating choices, and plenty of family friendly activity. The Iowa River Greenbelt Scenic Drive is a must do which winds through a picturesque landscape of valleys, woods and streams. Eldora is 45 minutes from Ames and Cedar Falls and only 22 minutes from Iowa Falls.
As an employee of the STS you are a State of Iowa employee and eligible for a comprehensive benefits package.
- Insurance – Low Deductible Health, Dental, Life, Voluntary Life, and Long Term Disability
- Employee contribution for medical and dental is less than $40 per month single
- Medical and Dental for a family is less than $190 per month for both.
- IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System)-Fixed Income Pension
- Deferred Compensation with match similar to a 401K
- Paid Leave – 9 Holidays, Sick Leave, Family Sick Leave, Vacation, & Military Leave
- Strong Opportunity for Advancement, Growth, and Development.
- To learn more about benefits available to State of Iowa employees visit the benefits web page.
Applicants must apply on line, please apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa
Search: Filter - Location - Eldora
If you have questions please contact:
State Training School • Ed Gilliland or Joel Weeks
3211 Edgington Avenue, Eldora, IA 50627 • Phone: 641-858-5402
Applications should be submitted using the link above no later than January 17, 2019.
The State of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.