Direct Support Professional
Full- and Part-Time Positions Available
Why work for EPI?
Are you looking for a career where you can make a positive impact in the lives of others? When you work at Exceptional Persons, Inc. (EPI), you're working to make the world a better place for persons with disabilities - starting right here in the Cedar Valley. The individuals we serve are seeking a life of greater confidence and independence, and it's our privilege to empower them toward success every day.
We are searching for dedicated, energetic, compassionate, and trustworthy Direct Support Professionals for the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area. We provide all training no experience required!
A Direct Support Professional (DSP) works with adults with intellectual disabilities*, brain injury*, or serious mental illness*. DSPs are there to provide support, assistance, and instruction in learning independent living skills like:
- Money management
- Personal hygiene
DSPs also support people in the activities they enjoy such as attending live music concerts, fishing, shopping, movies, and more! Want to know more about this position? Click here to view a realistic job preview.
- Intellectual Disability : Intellectual disability is a term used when a person has certain limitations in mental functioning and in skills such as communicating, taking care of him or herself and social skills.
- Brain Injury: Brain injury, also called acquired brain injury, is any damage to the brain affecting a person physically, emotionally or behaviorally. Brain injuries can happen at birth, or later, from an illness or a trauma, and are called either traumatic or non-traumatic, depending on the specific cause
- Serious Mental Illness : A serious mental illness is any psychiatric disorder that seriously interferes with one or more aspects of a person's daily life
Salary and Benefits
In addition to joining a family of caring and supportive teammates, DSPs enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefits . Benefits for full-time employees include, but are not limited to, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, etc. (view the full list of benefits here ). We also offer some awesome additional benefits, including:
- 10% tuition discount at Upper Iowa University (all centers and online) for both full- and part-time EPI employees, their spouses, and dependents up to age 26
- Discounts for cell phone plans and gym memberships
- Pet Insurance for cats and dogs
- Student Loan Forgiveness as a nonprofit, full-time employees may be eligible to participate in the Federal Student Loan Forgiveness program
Qualified candidates for this job will have either a high school diploma or a GED.
This position requires a valid driver's license, auto insurance, a good driving record, and the ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and a criminal history check.
It's their life. It's your career. Make a difference in both by joining our EPI team today!
Apply online: www.episervice.org