Office Coordinator – Social Work and Education
Preparation Date: September 25, 2018
FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Responsible to the Chairs of the Education and Social Work Departments for providing general office support, serving as contact to schools/administrators and Social Work agencies, maintaining records, ordering supplies, coordinating events and supervising student workers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATION (40%)
1. Serve as a contact to schools, cooperating teachers, administrators, Social Work agencies and other designated agencies. Per education department guidelines, determine stipends and pay for cooperating teachers.
2. Monitor Education and Social Work department budgets, and work study budget. Process invoices, complete purchase orders, reconcile accounts.
3. General office support to include creating/editing various correspondence internally and to external stakeholders, preparing student teachers and field placement materials, developing and maintaining assessment forms, distributing agendas and minutes for various meetings.
4. Assist in planning, coordinating and marketing departmental events, conferences, and recruiting initiatives.
5. Maintain and order office supplies
6. Manage schedules, phones, classroom schedules, equipment reservations
7. Provide website management for the Education Department to assure accuracy and currency of information.
8. Provide administrative support to Social Work Department and Slife Social Work Institute including assisting with workshop registration, budget management and CEU record keeping.
RECORD KEEPING (30%)
1. Serve as administrator of confidential records, scores, test results and licensure records for students and cooperating teachers. Maintain records for admission to teacher education and social work programs, including licensure and endorsements.
2. Conduct background checks with DCI and DHS.
SUPPORT FOR ACCREDITATION PROCESS (20%)
1. Administer student records and national testing results for accreditation reports, state and national annual reports.
2. Organize, prepare and submit state and national accreditation reports and materials
3. Compile data for reports and various assessments
SUPERVISE STUDENT WORKERS (10%)
1. Supervise, train and schedule student workers. Maintain records of student workers, tabulate and submit time sheets. Manage work-study budget.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and refers only unusual cases to the supervisor.
Minimum two years clerical experience and/or training; working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Prefer prior experience in an academic setting and supervisory experience.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to email@example.com/ See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
WARTBURG COLLEGE is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from members of underrepresented ethnic and minority groups.