Title of Position – Dining Services, Cashier and Dining Assistant
Preparation Date: January 18, 2019
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of Dining Services for checker duties in the student dining room.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Cashier; operate the cash register and card reader; complete reports pertaining to cashiering. Communicate counts to kitchen and other staff. Welcome and direct customers. Monitor dining room activity and address or obtain assistance with situations that need attention. Attend and participate in cashier meetings and help troubleshoot cashiering problems. (35%)
2) Assist with set-up and service of dining area; assist with seasonal decorating; label menu items; post menus and other signage; assist with cleaning and routine maintenance; do laundry (35%)
3) Train and monitor progress of student cashiers, student dining service attendants and student managers.
4) Insure sanitation, safety and dining policies and procedures are followed; address issues directly with customers and student staff, and notify management of issues that need further attention. (21%)
5) Prepare food items according to recipes and instruction; make recipe recommendations; record food use. (9%)
6) Perform other related duties as assigned.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures.
Requires nine months related experience, basic math skills, good communication and customer service skills, ability to lift 25 lbs., and to work effectively with students, faculty and staff.
Position requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time depending on the day/week. Lifting, twisting, bending, and squatting/kneeling are all frequent requirements. There is extensive deviation of the wrist and repetitions are extensive when continually swiping cards. Fine motor skills are required to push the keys on the key board. Near vision is required to read I.D’s, and far vision is required to see what is going on in the dining room. Occasional exposure to low temperatures in refrigerators and freezers. Work pace is determined by business level.
Please complete the online application found at our website www.wartburg.edu/hr or you can send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
WARTBURG COLLEGE is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from members of underrepresented ethnic and minority groups.