Title of Position – Senior Manager for Board Plan Dining and Production
Preparation Date: March 1, 2019
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of Dining for assisting with oversight of all functions of dining services, and with focus on management of board plan dining and production.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Oversee and assist with board plan dining and production to ensure quality services and efficient operations. (30%)
2) Utilize and assist with implementation and application of computerized systems for food service management including FSS, Kronos time keeping and When to Work scheduling systems. Facilitate continuous improvement and use of operational systems, with focus on comprehensive implementation of all systems. (25%)
3) Interview, train, schedule, and evaluate staff. Conduct performance counseling and appraisals. Recommend and implement disciplinary actions as required. Direct staff and assist in operations as needed. (20%)
4) Maintain and improve service, assist with achieving departmental goals, make recommendations, and implement approved recommendations. (10%)
5) Coordinate and participate in the development and implementation of menus and recipes; calculate and monitor food cost; make pricing recommendations. (5%)
6) Oversee inventory and purchasing in assigned areas. Make equipment and supply purchasing recommendations and coordinate general maintenance of assigned areas (5%)
7) Update and implement policies and procedures to ensure quality customer service, safety, sanitation, and security measures are developed and followed. (3%)
8) Collaborate with the Senior Manager for Retail Dining and Special Events to meet operational goals. Serve on management team and aid in determining and implementing policies and procedures for the department. (2%)
9) Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employee is responsible for determining own work assignments referring to policies, general objectives and supervisor for guidance. Employee independently devises new methods to meet conditions and confers with supervisor regarding unusual matters.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition, hospitality management, food service administration, business, or related degree plus five years related management experience. Must have strong analytical, communication, organizational, computer, and critical thinking skills; must be able to effectively utilize a team approach to develop a motivating work environment. [ServeSafe or FMP certification will need to be obtained if degree is not food related.]
Walking and standing for long periods, being in warm kitchens, and coolers and freezers, sitting for long periods of time, lifting up to 30# to assist with work. Ability to communicate verbally and use a computer.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Wartburg College is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from women and members of ethnic and minority groups.