Cambrex Charles City, Inc. is seeking a Purchasing Analyst to work at our manufacturing plant in Charles City, Iowa. The ideal candidate will share the values and principles that characterize who we are and how we work.
The principle purpose of the Purchasing Analyst at Cambrex Charles City, Inc. is to serve as the liaison between Cambrex and vendors with a goal of achieving significant reductions in the cost of materials & services. Being confident and a good negotiator is important for this position to be able to get desirable
terms for contracts.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Regularly compose requests for information. Gather and analyze information needed for requests. Communicate Company needs with vendors.
- Regularly compose and analyze requests for proposal. Evaluate and compare vendors.
- Perform negotiations of goods and services to be delivered or given to Cambrex Charles City Inc.
- Host vendor visits and meetings.
- Document costs for all vendors and generate reports on savings from SAP.
- Source materials, services for existing and new supply chain opportunities.
- Negotiate material pricing for new and existing materials or services.
- Working with vendors, secure samples and formal price quotes for purchasing consideration.
- Negotiation of goods or services to be delivered or given to Cambrex Charles City Inc.
- Analysis of spend in an effort to identify and drive cost savings opportunities.
All employees are required to adhere to OSHA, DEA, EPA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to the operation of the Company; and to adhere to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
- High School diploma. Associates or Bachelor s degree in business management or related field beneficial.
- 2-4 years procurement experience in a manufacturing environment. Chemical/Pharmaceutical intermediate and cGMP manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze global market trends.
- Detail oriented, analytical, organized and objective in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel, Word and ERP systems (SAP preferred).
View full job description online. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements online: www.cambrex.com/careers
Thank you for your interest in Cambrex Charles City! Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.