BOARD CERTIFIED BEHAVIORAL ANALYST
DESCRIPTION: Board certified behavior analyst to work with students, staff and families providing consultation as per IEP service delivery. Consults with staff concerning appropriate learning strategies and positive behavior interventions, supporting students in accessing instruction in the least restrictive environment. Responsible for completing Functional Behavioral Assessments for both special education and general education students, writing behavior plans and training teachers and paraprofessionals on how to implement plans with fidelity.
QUALIFICATIONS: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification registered with the Illinois State Board of Education, a Master’s degree in applied behavior analysis, psychology, special education, child development and/or related field. Must have experience as a BCBA in the school setting. Experience with Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports or PBIS and the Social Emotional Learning Program or STEP 2 program preferred.
SALARY: As per Salary Schedule Placement
Zeppelyn Brewer, Director of Pupil Services
CES95 Administrative Center
925 South Giant City Road
Carbondale, IL 62902
(618) 457 – 3591
Attn: Board Certified Behavioral Analyst
Applications accepted until position is filled.
- Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA), and develop Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP). Presents findings at IEP meetings or behavior meetings for students not receiving special education services.
- Support staff in the implementation of BIPs for identified students
- Implement and coach staff on researched based/validated methods of classroom
- Management and behavior strategies as well as methods of data collection
- Consult with support staff regarding implementation of BIPs
- Coordinate ongoing staff development
- Maintain appropriate records and prepare reports as required
- Development of data-taking mechanisms and reporting strategies, overseeing the collection and analysis of data for student progress
- Development of appropriate positive behavior intervention plans, social skills curriculum and individualized goals
- Ensuring behavioral strategies are implemented consistently and accurately across all settings
- Presenting evidence of student progress toward goals and objectives through regular progress reports & team meetings
- Keep an organized and up to date schedule.
Professional Growth and Responsibilities:
- Pursue continuous professional development and growth.
- Adhere to the ethical standards of state and national applied behavior analysis associations.
- Adhere to best practices prescribed by state and national applied behavior analysis associations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local policies and state and federal laws pertaining to applied behavior analysis
- Promote an understanding and appreciation for diverse populations.
- Assume reasonable duties as directed by the Building Principal, Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Director of Curriculum/Instruction and Director of Pupil Services.
- Advocate for equal access to programs and services for all students.
- Utilize resources available within the school and community to develop appropriate programs.
To apply, visit our website: www.ces95.org/employment
Carbondale Elementary School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer