CARBONDALE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Qualifications: Illinois Professional Educator Licensure with a Library Information Specialist endorsement. Master's Degree from an accredited program in Library and Infomation Studies. Applicants will work under the supervision of the building Principal and Director of Curriculum/Instruction in the management of all library activities.
Special Skills: Knowledge of basic library organization. Macintosh computer skills required. Organization and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
Salary & Conditions: Salary will be based on placement as per the Teacher Salary Schedule per the CEA contract. Fringe benefits include: Board contribution to single coverage health insurance, fifteen (15) days annual sick leave, two (2) days of personal business leave as outlines in the CEA contract.
Contact: Colleen Doyle-Parrott, Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Carbondale Elementary School District #95
925 S. Giant City Road
Carbondale, IL 62902
Posted: January 26, 2018
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Service classes at regularly scheduled weekly times.
- Assists in coordinating district libraries and ordering supplies.
- Maintains statistical or any other records necessary for reports and/or proposals.
- Insures the identification, distribution, care and proper usage of school property and prepares an annual inventory as required to complete the general and required requisition of library materials.
- Catalogs all books in the CMS central library according to proper library procedure.
- Maintains and updates the electronic retrieval system for total library inventory.
- Evaluates and removes materials no longer needed.
- Carries out rules and procedures for the circulation of materials.
- Compiles and delivers literature sets as per teacher request.
- Fills teacher request for additional books/videos.
- Assist students with independent research projects during Media Center off-use hours.
To apply, visit our website: www.ces95.org/employment
Carbondale Elementary School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer