School of Allied Health
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
The College of Applied Sciences and Arts (ASA) at Southern Illinois University Carbondale is seeking qualified applicants for a Recruitment Specialist position in ASA's School of Allied Health beginning as soon as possible. This is a term, Administrative/Professional position.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in education, business, management, marketing, technical field, or other related degree with minimum of three years combined experience in student recruitment, academic advisement, program development, and/or student placement. Or, Master's degree in education, business, management, marketing, technical field, or other related degree and minimum of two years combined experience in student recruitment, academic advisement, program development, and/or student placement. Must possess excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and ability to use social media.
- Manage and coordinate school recruitment activities and make visits to middle/high schools and colleges.
- Serves independently as the point person for student recruitment.
- Develops/maintains communications and marketing materials.
- Provides career and academic counseling to prospective and current students.
- Works with the school's LLCs.
- Works closely with director and staff on scholarship programs/recruitment fairs.
- Maintains good working relationships with Illinois and border states' high schools and community colleges.
- Organizes new student welcome activities.
- Maintains the school's website and posts information to social media platforms (including Facebook/Twitter/Etc.)
- Prepares reports/proposals, responds to inquiries from students, faculty, and AP/CS Staff.
- Helps secure/coordinate student internship locations.
The selected individual will be expected to travel overnight and weekends and maintain a valid driver's license.
Application Deadline: August 17, 2018, or until filled.
Application Procedure: To apply, send letter of interest; current vitae; and names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references to:
Dr. Scott Collins, Director
School of Allied Health
1365 Douglas Drive, Mail Code 6615
Carbondale, IL 62901
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.