Applicant must have a B.S. Degree in Elementary Education with a valid Illinois Teaching Certificate and requirements as specified in Title 23, The Illinois Administrative Code. A Sheltered English and Special Education Endorsement is preferred or willing to obtain.
Knowledge of the characteristics of student’s learning process, curriculum and instruction, classroom management skills, and is familiar with the Common Core Standards. Must be willing to fulfill the Duties and Responsibilities as detailed below.
As per Salary Schedule Placement
Marilynn Ross, Principal
801 S. Lewis Lane
Carbondale, IL 62901
Attn: Elementary Teacher
August 31, 2018
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Carbondale Elementary School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the teaching/coaching model in collaboration with mentor teachers and district coaches to enhance teacher expertise.
- Collaborates on lesson planning and develop expertise in all areas of instruction by working with mentor teachers and district coaches.
- Is knowledgeable of the New Illinois Learning Standards.
- Is knowledgeable of assessment practices and data analysis for instructional purposes.
- Uses all district resources available and adopted to support instructional programs.
- Communicates and cooperates with other staff members, support personnel and administration.
- Participates collaboratively in professional growth activities and seeks to improve teaching skills including ongoing applied professional growth groups (i.e. Professional Learning Communities).
- Prepares a time schedule for all classes and activities conducted under the teacher’s supervision.
- Prepares and leaves in the classroom lesson plans for several days work for normal instruction and for a substitute in the event the teacher is absent.
- Directs the learning experiences of students through appropriate instructional planning, preparation and teaching utilizing instructional strategies adopted, implemented, and/or supported by the district
- Determines student progress through implementation of appropriate and approved evaluation methods and instruments.
- Maintains accurate records of student academic progress and student attendance in accordance with the district grading policy.
- Provides supervision and enforces classroom and building management plans as incorporated in the District Parent/Student Handbook.
- Insures the care and proper usage of school property and prepares an annual inventory as required to complete the general and instructional requisition.
- Participates collaboratively in the continuing in-service programs of the district.
- Communicates professionally and effectively, both orally and in writing with parents and colleagues.
- Maintains required records and documentation for Data Teams.
- Assumes reasonable duties as directed by the Superintendent, Director of Curriculum/Assessment & Instruction and/or Principal
To apply, visit our website: www.ces95.org/employment.