Associate Vice Chancellor, Development and Alumni Relations/Executive Director, Alumni Association
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Position: The Associate Vice Chancellor for Development and Alumni Relations/Executive Director will lead the development and implementation of a strategic alumni relations program designed to build engagement between SIU Carbondale and its alumni; set goals, develop plans, identify strategies, reinforce brand identity and oversee staff and budget; grow membership and participation. This position will work with the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and seven years or master's degree and five years of progressively responsible experience in alumni relations, higher education, non-profit management, public relations, marketing or related field. Experience managing programs, projects, people and budgets; experience working in and fostering a multicultural environment; exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. A valid driver's license is required.
This is a security-sensitive position. Before any offer of employment is made, the University will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience managing volunteers preferred. Affinity with SIU Carbondale desired but not required.
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategic alumni relations program designed to build engagement between SIU Carbondale and its alumni; set goals, develop plans, identify strategies, reinforce brand identity and oversee staff and budget; grow membership and participation.
- Build partnerships with and between alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents, donors, university leadership and key offices in order to support the achievement of association and university goals; create and maintain opportunities for alumni participation in the life of the university.
- Based upon an assessment of alumni interests and needs, develop programs and services that engage alumni of all ages and multiple affinities; these might include alumni chapters, constituency organizations, reunions, events, externships, mentoring, student recruitment, corporate relations and more.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a robust, two-way communications program deploying multiple platforms and strategies.
- Provide direction to and support the Alumni Association board and committees in their work on behalf of the association; establish goals, develop agendas, plan meetings and engage board with university leadership; ensure appropriate involvement and promote collaboration.
- Working with the SIU Foundation, support the solicitation and stewardship of alumni giving and student philanthropy; collaborate to raise funds for targeted, association-driven special projects.
- Oversee operations with the goal of identifying opportunities for efficiency and effectives; explore membership structure options and potential revenue streams; negotiate and implement operational agreements with the university and SIU Foundation; negotiate and manage contractual agreements; comply with relevant policies and legislation.
- Oversee association's participation in legislative advocacy initiatives.
- Represent the Alumni Association, University and Foundation as needed and appropriate.
- This position requires travel and work on some evenings and weekends.
Application Deadline: May 17, 2019 or until filled.
Application Procedure: Visit https://jobs.siu.edu/ "Administrative/Professional Job Postings" to create an account and apply. All applications must be completed through this online system.
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.