Rehabilitation Employment Specialist
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Description of Position: Rehabilitation Employment Specialist in the Evaluation and Developmental Center's Community Employment Program. The primary function of the position is to market Community Employment Services, including job development, to assist individuals with disabilities. The position is responsible for caseload management and supervision of student workers for 20 to 40 vocational rehabilitation individuals participating in the program. This is a term, administrative/professional appointment.
Qualifications: Master's Degree in Rehabilitation and a valid driver's license. Two years experience in job development and placement of individuals with a disability. Certified Rehabilitation Counselor.
This is a security-sensitive position. Before any offer of employment is made, the University will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in job development and community employment programming with individuals with disabilities; sales and marketing experience; supervisory experience; and a BCBA.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- To market community employment services, including job development, to assist clients to obtain competitive employment and meet successful, competitive, transitional and supported employment contractual objectives as determined by funding sources.
- Market and develop community relationships to promote employment and inclusion of individuals served, liaison with and maintain close working relationships with employers, referral sources and other agencies including networking activities and as a resource consultant for financial incentives, reasonable accommodations, and referral of qualified job applicants.
- Promote services of the EDC Community Employment program, educate employers regarding advantages of hiring a person with a disability, advocate with employers regarding hiring of qualified individuals with disabilities, negotiate work related modifications or accommodations that may be needed and monitor progress of employee and employers.
- Provide case management services to referred clients, including case file management and coordination and implementation of procedures outlined in community employment manuals such as development of community employment plan and other related forms that meet all required documentation and information transfer for effective agency operations.
- Maintain databases required for the function of the department including information of local trends in current job market and hiring practices and updated employer local job contact record on a scheduled basis.
- Provide clients access to occupational information including job banks, job accommodations, job seeking skills and strategy instruction that includes resume development.
- Provide Employment Exploration Assessment including developing sites for on-the-job assessments, volunteer sites, and evaluation testing for clients.
- Complete job task analysis on selected occupations to better identify essential work functions that allow for appropriate occupation selections and specific training needs.
- Supervise Graduate Assistants and student workers for meeting program and educational objectives.
- The Commission of Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities accreditation standards require continual compliance updates. Evaluate current practices to ensure on-going compliance with those standards and university regulations related to Community Employment Services and Health and Safety.
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal employment and labor laws.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Effective Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: December 4, 2018, or until filled.
Application Procedure: Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, current resume, a list of three professional references to be contacted, and unofficial transcripts reflecting the highest degree earned submitted to:
LaDonna Henson, Director
Evaluation and Development Center, Mail Code 6704
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
500C S. Lewis Lane
Carbondale, IL 62901
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.