the direction of the Service Manager the Mechanics will perform service and
repair procedures on truck mounted vacuum equipment both in the shop and
field. This role is not required to do
service and repair work on the engine portion of the truck.
The work related to the chassis is limited to performing routine PM inspections and requirements for fuels, fluids, and lubrication.
This position requires travel to make field service and repair calls from time to time and to attend any required training.
- Effectively read and interpret
electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Perform all scheduled PM inspections of chassis, hydraulic, electrical, air and water systems.
- Performs all scheduled PM inspection and repairs of vacuum body, hydraulic, electrical, air and water systems.
- Performs and documents “check in” and “check out” inspections of fleet equipment.
- Tests all OEM operating functions of the working body of the truck.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses any deviations from expected functionality.
- Performs all required service and repair work required to return rental equipment “Ready to Rent” status.
- Wash and Clean trucks as required bringing to “Ready to Rent” status.
- Transport trucks for fueling and tank wash as required.
- Conduct all repairs within DOT or OEM standards.
- Extract and interpret oil samples.
- Maintain a clean and respectable facility, equipment and work environment.
- Must travel as needed to facilitate service and repair activities in a timely manner.
- The Service Mechanic will conduct and act in a responsible and respectful manner.
- Company supplied uniforms must be worn when conducting company business.
- Maintain and organize shop and storage areas. Ensuring proper storage of flammable items.
- Operate all company owned equipment and vehicles in a safe, lawful, and respectful manner.
- Solid understanding of the
function, operation and maintenance of truck mounted vacuum equipment –
- Must demonstrate solid understanding of hydraulic systems, electrical troubleshooting.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical data, drawings and schematics.
- Ability to effectively use a multi-meter
- Ability to administer DOT and tank inspections is preferred but not required.
- CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements preferred.
- TWIC card or the ability to obtain a TWIC card.
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated computer skills to use company business systems to complete work orders and service records.
- Must be very organized and possess the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated, shows complete accountability, is timely in all assignments.
- Must own and supply a basic set of hand tools and storage box. All large and specialized tools will be provided by the company. .
School education or GED.
Minimum five (5) years, verifiable experience as an industrial truck mechanic, experience of truck mounted vacuum equipment – preferred.
· May need to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to stand all day.
· Frequently stoop, kneel and bend.
· Some field service too